Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bootleg Canyon or "BT goes home"

This past weekend I went to Boulder City, Nevada for Crash Enterprises St. Patty's Day Feast. Although the race was a great reason to go, the real reason I went was to say goodbye and pay respect to my good friend Brent Thomson. Brent was the man that built all the riding trails in Bootleg Canyon and in the past 10 years I've come to know him fairly well. He passed away several weeks ago from complications arising from a quadruple bypass surgery, which is ironically the same thing that got him started riding bikes and building trails 15 years ago.
While I was there I shot some photos of the event for Bike Magazine. Shooting in the mid day sun in the desert doesn't really lend itself to great light, so I used my Pocket Wizard Multimax's to shoot at 1/1250 f8 which allowed me to underexpose the sun and still use fill flash on my subject in this shot. See my post on High Speed Sync with the MultiMax's for more info on how to do this.

No comments: