Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Project Industries Photoshoot

A few weeks ago I did a photoshoot for Project Industries, a new clothing company. I needed to shoot a bunch of images of the clothing for the online store, as well some lifestyle type images for the website and lookbook. The shoot was at Ginger62, a Vancouver club, and lighting was an interesting challenge. For the store images I shot everything fairly basic, 5 foot Octodome with a 36 inch white reflector and a 10 foot grey backdrop. The idea was to show off the clothes, not the photography. The lifestyle images however were a different story. The club has an awesome atmosphere when the lights are turned down and it looks like a club, so rather than try to recreate that with a whole bunch of lights and gels I simply tried to use what was there and light very selectively. I used 2 or 3 SB800's with various grids and gels from Honl to put small amounts of light where it was needed to show off the models and the clothes without destroying the ambient atmosphere. I think it worked out fairly well, take a look at the photos on Flickr and let me know what you think. (click on the image below to go to the flickr group)


Laurent, Raquel, and Jamie, originally uploaded by ianhylands.

2 comments:

Jamie - Project Industries said...

Loving these images. Splendid work Ian.

Jamie - Project Industries said...

That's right. I said "splendid."